The BMFM are property of what ever company founded them, no copyright infringement was intended.

Note: This story is really messed up, I got the idea in a fit of insanity and it wouldn't go away.
Tek

A Shadow At High Noon

Prologue: The Dark City

By Tek

1997 copyrighted to Tek and TEK productions


Chicago, Earth

A young woman, perhaps twenty or so, sat on the ledge of the building with her back on a black bike, contemplating her life, or the little life she had. She shifted her back as a small wind rustled the high collar of her black jacket. The bike's engine behind her murmured in a low growl. She reached up a gloved hand and rubbed the bike's handle bars affectionately. The bike purred. I know how you feel old friend. You don't like the changes. I don't either.
Her hand moved down to run across the sleek black and silver helmet sitting on the seat, she leaned back and looked up at the sky. Thinking. Perhaps, but am I strong enough?
She got to her feet leather boots creaking in the night air, she was tall and thin, short brown hair framed her face, what of that could was pulled back into a ponytail. Sharp feminine features marred only by a reflective streak of mirror shinny shades that hung low over her nose. She shook her hair out of the collar of her black biker jacket. Knee pads were strapped to the black pants, a gun belt hung lopsidedly on her hips, a whip and a blaster hung off it on the sides. Her hands seemed to move instinctively to them every time she moved. She looked down off the ledge. Am I strong enough, strong enough to face them?
Then she turned toward the bike, which revved as it sensed it's Rider was about to depart. Something buzzed on the bike, the woman hit the COM on the bike and a voice crackled through.
"Teresa? This is Smith, I need you here" the voice said. "I have important business with that Plutarkian, and I need you as back up" the voice came through again,this time urgent.
"I was already on my way, Smith" the young woman, Teresa, replied to the COM, she closed the it and sighed.
Is this right way to do it?
"Weak as I am, I shall make it!" She said with passion and flicked the shades up over her strange red eyes, and walked over to her bike straddling it she pushed the black helmet over her head, the bottom hung still unfamiliarly around her neck near a red bandanna just poking out from the collar. The screen of the helmet fizzed on and the bike's engine revved loudly in the silence of the roof top. She kicked the starter and the bike roared off, off the edge of the building, coming down in a graceful leap, exhaust streaming from the tail pipes it landed with a soft soundless thud on the road and shot off apparently unhurt down towards downtown Chicago.
Weak as I am I shall make it!

***

She felt always, the pure thrill of the ride, the feel of wind nipping at her jacket, the feel of a bike vibrating beneath her. This they can never take from me. Dust and wind flew out from in front of her as the bike raced down the street. The bike continued on down the all to familiar streets to it's rider, but strangely different. A small smile played on her lips as her bike stopped in front of a small run down garage. This is where it began! In this dark city, this is where it began for me!
The Last Chance garage!


 Disclaimer: The BMFM are property of whatever company founded them, no copyright infringement was intended. Forgive me if there are some inconsistences in this I haven";t watched the BMFM in a long time and may not remember it all correctly. Tek

(From now on the stories are rated PG-14 for some vulgar language, and sexual tension)

A Shadow At High Noon

Part I: A Battle Of No Consequence

By Tek

1997 copyrighted to Tek and TEK Productions, all rights reserved


Chicago, Earth
This is getting boring!
Vinnie sat on the three way crossroads with his hands on his hips. His bike murmured in anticipation.The roar of engines growled in the distance.
Waiting.
Where the hell are they?!
His tail twitched as the sounds of motors grew closer.
Finally! Some action here!
The roar of motors grew louder, he looked down at his rear view mirror and rolled his eyes at himself. He grinned at the reflection in a narssistic style. He rolled an eye up at the steel plate and grimaced.
The sounds of the motors grew closer. He paid no head to them. He was to absorbed in the mirror.
Then the source of the noise cam into sight! He looked up from his reflection in the rear view mirror and smiled, but did not move, he could feel the bike tensing between his legs.
Closer.
Closer.
He looked directly at the oncoming motors and leaned over the handlebars of the bike, he could feel the bike getting ready for the boot to hit the gas pedal and for it to roar off.
Closer.
Closer.
Until they were almost at the point when he could feel the heat of the engines in the cold night air.
Closer.
Closer.
The bike started to growl, he patted it reassuringly as the noise drew closer. It seemed on edge about his plan. He patted the handlebars with affection.
Closer.
Closer.
And then he hit the gas pedal with the heal of his boot, the bike revved and roared off from his position on the road. The bike was enjoying this, so was he.
When the two parties that had being pursuing him, realized that he was gone from his poise on the center of the cross roads it was to late, they collided in a heap and explosion of heat, noise and flame.
He grinned and stopped to watch his handy work burn up in the night air.
He readjusted the belt on his jacket and jacked up his grin a few notches then roared off down the street.
Vinnie may have an ego, but he is right about one thing, he can make a party!

***

Throttle took his mind off his pursuers just long enough to flick his shades back up his nose, it cost him.
He pulled a tight corner and the wheels of his bike squealed under the strain. He stamped his foot on the gas pedal in an attempt to get more speed out of his bike.
Oh, damn! Shit!
His bike didn";t put on enough speed and his pursuers gained on him. He swerved around another corner to try to lose them.
No chance.
They followed. He swore and spun his bike around to face them.
"Hey! You chasin me?" As the bike spun around the cannon on the front slid out of the holding compartment and gave off and ominous wirr.
He smiled with the thrill of the fight, and fired the cannon.
What happened after that is self explanatory. Throttle flicked his shades up his nose in a motion of victory and rode off.

***

Modo";s bike was giving him some trouble! I had started off just fine, but about half way through the chase it had run out of gas and he was now fighting on foot.
Great timing, to forget to fill up.
He swung around as a form came up behind him, he wince as sharp blade skimmed down his shoulder. Emerald blood dripped over the neck of his trench coat and shirt leaving a huge blotchy stain.
Oh, mama!
He slammed on of his fists into his opponents face, the sound of a knife clattering to the ground rang out, and then upon hearing a satisfying crunch on breaking bones he moved on to the next one.
After a second of circling on the pavement the next on decided to lunge at Modo.
Modo jumped neatly out of the way, letting his opponent go flying by him, but as the goon flew by Modo grabbed his arm and twisted it around so he brought him to the ground, this was followed by a large CRACK! and the good fell to the ground hiding his dislocated arm. Modo stepped over him and walked off to find a gas station.

***

It was true that Centerline wasn";t built for speed rather he was built for power, and this he certlenly took advantage of. It still wasn";t working.
Damn, damn, damn!
His bike swerved around a corner and came to a full halt on a barricade of goons. His bike growled loudly at them.
No effect.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!
He swore and turned his bike around the other way and roared off, followed by the goons.
His bike shuddered as they gained on him, he could feel it tensing for an all out attack.
He was tensing for one too, and when the time came he would spring into action.
The time came as he swerved around a particularly sharp corner and spun his bike about face to his aggressors.
"Hi!"
The bike knew it was time to attack and did so with a vengeance.
He wasn";t built for speed, he was built for power, and so was his bike.

***

Streak, had left her bike in an ally way and pursued her opponentes on foot, guerilla style.
Like Sarge taught me
Her ears pricked up as she heard the sound of engines draw closer to her position. Streak backed into the shadows of the alley. The sounds growing closer to her, she motioned to her bike to stay in the shadows near her.
Waiting.
Like a hunter.
And then the sound.
The prey.
Streak stepped back more into the shadows as the figure came by her.
A goon.
Her black fur almost undetectable in the dim light.
No sound.
No light.
The attack.
Streak lunged for him, her fists slamming his head back into the nearby wall. A sickening crunch followed and Streak stepped back looking at the stain on the wall that might have been the goon";s, small brain.
"Yuck" she looked at it in disgust and turned away beckoning to her bike, which rolled out of the shadows towards her.

***

Charlie looked up from the truck that she working on as the roar of bikes came closer to her garage, the now all to familiar of burning rubber, and gasoline filled the air.
"Hi Babe" Vinnie slung himself off his bike, walked over to the skeleton of a truck, and put his arm around Charlie.
"Hiya" Charlie looked up at the white mouse. He grinned at her.
"Hi Charlie-girl" Throttle waved and got off his bike.
Modo didn";t even have a chance to get off his bike, Streak was off hers and had dragged him over to the sink and was trying to get him to stand still while she dressed a bleeding wound in his shoulder.
Charlie winced as she saw the blood dripping.
Centerline was the last to get off his bike, he slumped over to his little sister kissed her.
Much to Vinnie's annoyance.
Then he slumped down on the couch, and turned on the ten o";clock news.
Vinnie made a face at him, Centerline returned it.
The news played on, all the mice except Streak paid no attention to it. She was very interested in the events on Terra since she had been on mars of so long.
"This is Ema Peel,and now on top of the news a terrorist attack on a local restaurant in New York, this was thought to have been provoked by the owners alleged mod connections, but owner Ace De";Mark denies this all"
"Ace De";Mark!" Streak looked up from dressing the wound, and looked aghast at the TV.
"You know him?" Centerline looked up, he had just been about to change the channel and now thought better of it.
Streak nodded, "he was my partner in peru, before I was abducted!" She swallowed and looked back to Modo";s shoulder.
She finished dressing it and suddenly bolted for her bike.
"What, are you doing?" Vinnie stopped flirting with Charlie for just long enough to ask.
"If he";s still alive then maybe he kno...." Streak stopped, considered what she was saying and then said "this is personal" her bike was out of sight in a matter of seconds.
"That girl I could never get!" Vinnie shook his head and reembarked himself in Charlie.
Suddenly at shriek pierced the air on the garage, the four mice winced, and Charlie jumped.
Damn COM, whys it so loud?!
The mice all dove for the COM, which resulted in a huge mess of arms, legs, and tails. The COM flew off Throttle";s bike, he reached out of the fray long enough to catch it and then he rolled out of the tussal and landed at Charlie";s feet.
Standing up and brushing himself off he said "Terra here."
"Throttle?" Carbine";s voice came over it.
"Yep" he replied and shoved Vinnie off the couch arm so he could sit down.
"Throttle I need Streak and Centerline back on Mars!" Carbine said and, static followed her over.
"Ummm. Streak just left and we don";t know where she went" Throttle replied and slumped on the couch arm.
"She did what?!" Carbine said surprised. "Well is Centerline still there?" She tried to compose herself again.
"Um-hum" Throttle nodded as if Carbine could actually see him.
"Well a ship will come to pick him up in one day" Carbine finished and put the COM down on the makeshift desk in the tent.
She could hear the sound of troops moving outside and the sound of sand blowing over sand.
The COM crackled again. "Carbine....czxzxzzzz Carbine you rea.czzckk?" Stoker";s voice could just be made out over all the static.
"What?" She looked down at the COM annoyed at it for some reason.
"Car..ccxxzzzkk,... need back,..zzzz. now szzck!" more static came though followed by Stokers voice.
"Repeat please" Carbine her patience pushing the limit.
"Carbi.cczzzss, I need more fu..czzzzkk..ing mice here, we";re being slaug.....ccxxszzz....ered!" the voice crackled over again.
"Centerline";s on his way, Carbine out" Carbine shut the COM and put it down, she glared out the door angrily, "Adrenalin get your ass of the sand and get Stoker backup!!!" She yelled and the gray mouse who had been relaxing outside jumped up and ran off.

***

Throttle sat outside the garage looking up at the skyscrapers.
How?
Who?
Where?
"Hey bro, whats wrong?"
Throttle turned around as he heard Vinnie";s yell, Vinnie came out look quite dignified despite the fact he had half a hotdog sticking out the side of his mouth, he grinned and finished the hotdog before Throttle could complain about it.
"Nothing, I just have an odd feeling tonight" Throttle shrugged and lay back on the seat of his bike. He looked up at the stars partly blocked out by sprawling Chicago, he sighed.
Vinnie followed his gaze "love sick huh?" He asked and came up somehow with a few more hotdogs, he handed on to Throttle.
"Naw, I just feel like I";m being watched" Throttle looked at it with out an appetite. "It";s probably nothing!" He turned back into the light of the garage.
"He";s love sick!" Vinnie shook his head and gave one last glans out side before following his bro.

***

Over the Last Chance a lone female figure stood resting on the roof on a nearby building, a black bike stood calmly behind her, her brown hair waved in an evening wind as she looked down to the place she had once known so well.
She turned away, her red eyes covered by a blank featureless visor, her feelings buried deep inside her.
Inside her self inflicted prison.
Teresa wiped a tear from under her right eye, she stopped too look a the perfect shimmering drop of glass on her fingertip.
So perfect!
Unlike me!
So weak!
Like me!
She turned her back on the garage and stared out into the night thinking.
Weak as I am I shall make it!


Note: What happens to Streak will be continued in "A Highway Of Memory"; the situation on Mars will be continued in "Alls Fair In Love And Hatred";


Disclaimer: The BMFM are property of whatever company founded them, no copyright infringement was intended. Forgive me if there are some inconsistence in this I haven";t watched the BMFM in a long time and may not remember it all correctly. Tek

(From now on the stories are rated PG-14 for some vulgar language, and sexual tension)

A Shadow At High Noon

Part II: A Familiar Stranger

By Tek

1997 copyrighted to Tek and TEK Productions, all rights reserved


Chicago Earth
"Mr. Limburger, a John Smith to see you, shall I let him in?" the secretary's voice came through the intercom.
"Yes" was the reply that came back to the secretaries desk, she motioned for a man and woman to enter the room, and then went back to filing her nails.
Lawrence Limburger looked up from his desk as the two figures came in, the first was a slim, neat man in a navy blue business suit. The man in his thirties, had a daring gaze, slicked brown hair,a small goatee, and a smile that could make you melt.
Limburger raised an eyebrow.
The other was a clipped, neat young woman, in her twenties or so, with light brown hair pulled back into a neat ponytail, almost unnatural green eyes behind thick steel rimmed glasses. She wore a equally neat black business suit that was as elegant on her and it was informal.A large bulky folder rested under one of her arms.
She looked slightly uncomfortable in her surroundings.
Smith look very at home in Limburgers presence he, seemed totally at ease with himself and the world.
In an unnerving sort of way, Smith smiled as if he had just humiliated Limburger terribly.
"I thought we agreed this to be a privet meeting Mr. Davidson?" Limburger cocked his head over at the woman "What is she doing here?"
"Teresa is my bodyguard, I don't go anywhere without her" Smith followed Limburger's gaze to Teresa. Smith laughed a private joke.
Teresa looked ever more uncomfortable.
"Now to business, I hear you have a mouse problem Mr. Limburger?" Smith looked inquiringly at him.
"Yes, I do, but what could you do about it Mr.Davidson?" Limburger looked at Smith.
"I can do quite a lot about it" Smith flashed him a 'trust me' look "you see, I prepared for such events in our partnership." Smith glanced over at Teresa and nodded, he pulled out a report form him briefcase, he handed it to Teresa.
"This documents a pattern of faults under Chicago, now if the faults were correctly stimulated almost all of Illinois would collapse into ruble, ready for the taking" Teresa raised an eyebrow at the report as she read from it, she then handed it to Limburger.
He scanned it, taking the information in "and about the mice problem, Mr. Davidson?" he asked and handed the report back to Smith.
"That Teresa can handle, she has first hand experience with BM strategy and weapons" Smith took the report and put it back into his briefcase.
"I'll consider your offer Mr. Davidson" Limburger turned away and looked out the window behind him.
Damn!
He saw the movement of bikes behind a building, they drew closer followed by his goon's buggies.
Why do they show up, when I'm in a meeting?!
"Problem Mr.Limburger?"
He turned around to see Smith's secretary standing close to the edge of the window.
Funny he hadn't heard her approach, those shoes should make a racket on the tiled floor.
"No, no problem" he said uncomfortably as he was fearfully aware of the nearing bikers, and the destruction they were sure to cause.
"Right" Teresa looked skeptically over the top of her glasses and turned away.
Just as she stepped back into her former position behind Smith.
Suddenly a Familiar howl filled the room, and a red bike flew through the window, shattering the glass every where. The tinkle of glass particles hadn't subsided yet before another two bikes joined the first one.
He swore and dove out of the way, as the glass flew over the office.
Teresa dove back as the bike crashed in to the window.
"Why didn't I remember that happening?!" She yelled and and struggled to get her balance on the heels.
"You don't remember this happening?"Smith, who had dove down near her asked, his brow was twisted into something in between anger, annoyance, and fear.
"I don't remember it!!" Teresa yelled back as the mayhem in the room increased. she looked up slightly "Now I've knocked my contacts out!" she swore and rolled out of the way of a flying desk chair.
"Now she tells me" Smith muttered and dodged out of the way of a flying plant.
Teresa rolled backwards and then did a backwards somersault and landed slightly unsteadily on her feet. Right in front of Vinnie, who was just finishing of some of the recently called in backup.
"Hey bro!" She grinned and snapped her fist across his muzzle in a perfect back hand punch. Vinnie reeled backwards, blood dripped from his nose.
"What the hell was that for?!" He yelled and lunged forward, tackling her.
They landed on the floor, him on top and her on the bottom.
"Damn you!"
Vinnie looked down on his captive, down into a pair of angry red eyes.
"Let go of me!" she yelled, and struggled, Vinnie trapped her hands on the floor by the sides of her face.
"I know I attract wild girls, but your the strongest" he pushed down harder in an attempt to hold her down to the ground. He was barely doing it.
He heard her yell something obscene at him and struggled to get herself free, and then he felt her knee move under him and throw him off.
"That's not a way to treat a lady" the woman Suddenly held a gun to his forehead. She stopped a second "But then again...." she snickered ".......I'm not a lady" The gun was flung away and a goon collapsed on the floor with a red line trickling down his forehead.
"Come on Teresa, our job here is finished for now!" Smith yelled across the room, hoping that Teresa hadn't yet reverted back into one of her former selves.
She had.
"Why, the fun's just beginning" Teresa yelled back, a goon found out what it was like to be hit in the forehead by a heeled shoe. He staggered back.
Teresa pulled out all the stops in her fighting, she swung backwards into a spin kick, sending Throttle reeling across the room, Vinnie was next to receive another back hand across the face, he reeled further back, blood now pouring out of his forehead.
"Who the hell are you?" Throttle managed to pull himself to his feet, the floor rolled slightly under him, he closed one of his fists around a protruding spike in the desk and ripped it out.
Teresa didn't answer the question, but instead threw the goon that had just tasted the back of her fist on the floor.she stepped back into a fighting stance.
"You want a fight?" She asked, her fist curling.
"No, I just want to know why your siding with a Plutarkian?" Throttle shook him head and threw the spar of wood and a moving and dangerous form nearby.
"It's benefits my cause right now!" Teresa launched herself off her heels, right at Throttle, who was retrieving his balance from the throw.
He only managed to dodge out of the way by merely a few inches, and he could feel the air fly by as Teresa stopped abruptly.
"Shoulda seen that one comein'" She looked at him, light flashed off her eyes.
Throttle looked at her, and knew he had a huge problem on his hands.
Limburger, attempted to call in more backup, but the attempt was stopped by a fist slamming down right by his hand.
"No, that's not going to happen!" Modo drew his fist out of the desk and looked down.
"Uh.....ok" Limburger backed away from the phone and up against the wall. He ran one hand across it to find the button that he could use to summon more backup if the phone failed. He hand touched the raised point in an unshattered part of the window, a whir of machinery sounded in his ear. He pushed the raised in the window, almost relaxed and then jumped out of the way of a spray of blaster fire.
Modo's blaster had just started it's second round when he felt a form rush over his head,he snapped his head up, just in time to see the woman cart wheeling over his head in a perfect flip. She landed in front of him with a light thud.
"Hi!" She lunged for his stomach, taking the full force from her landing into the push.
It sent Modo to the ground. He shook his head and looked up.
"Owch"He managed to rub the back of his head once before, another strike hit him in the stomach.
He rolled over in an attempt to grab his opponents feet, but they danced out of the way, he tried again this time snagging one of the heels of her shoes,and pulled Teresa down.
Teresa rolled back and did a complicated flip over and landed, on her feet,on the other side of Modo.
"Sorry bro" she looked down and landed one of her fists in the back of his neck.
Throttle had seen Smith roll out of the way as they had crashed in and now he when after him, he found Smith in a fight with a goon who was like usual confused to who was the right side.
Throttle tackled him, bringing the business man to the floor, his much heaver body was crushing Smith.
"I suggest you let his go if you want to live!"
Throttle looked up from where he was, he looked over the tops of his shades at a blaster barrel.
"Or what....?" He asked and tightened his grip on Smith.
"Or I might hurt you" Teresa cocked the blaster with a small practiced flip of her thumb. "Welcome to the fast lane bro" the blaster now pointed directly at Throttle's forehead. She smiled blankly.
Throttle looked up at the blaster.
Vinnie saw his bro's predicament from the other side of the room and, dropped the goon he was dealing with, lightly.
"Sorry babe"He muttered and grabbed her around the neck.
Teresa taken by surprise,could not execute a defense in time and floundered slightly.
"Let go Of me!" She yelled, Throttle and Vinnie winced.
Now it was Smith's turn to do the fighting, while Throttle's attention was other wise diverted, he pulled a blaster out of one of the pockets of his jacket and took careful aim, and fired it at Vinnie's head!
The bullet bounced off the metal plate just hard enough to send Vinnie staggering back a few steps and to let go of Teresa's neck, she stumbled forward.
"Now that you've quit finished being the hero, lets get out of here!" Smith yelled in her ear, she nodded slightly.
"I think the funs over here"Vinnie regained his balance, and made a half hearted attempt to go after the departing couple. "I think that's a good idea" Throttle agreed and pulled the unconscious Modo off the floor, he whistled for his bike which came readily to his command, "Lets go" he waved at Modo's bike which followed them out.
"Well that was really successful"Vinnie declared and received a glare from Throttle, he remained quiet the rest of the trip.

***

As the limo drove away, Smith glanced at Teresa, she seemed preoccupied with rubbing her feet.She looked slightly more annoyed than she usually did.
"Problem?" He asked.
"I could have handled him!" Teresa looked up, her eyebrows dipped into a frown.
"You know your not as strong as you used to be" Smith looked at her.
"Dose that have anything to do with it?" Teresa looked back at him bitterly.
"that's not what I meant, but....." Smith started.
"I could handle them then, I can handle them now, The changes, don't mean I don't have my fighting edge anymore!" She snapped and started to examine the heel of her shoe, which had been bent in the fight.
"When you said you didn't remember that, why do you think...?" Smith sat back.
"Maybe our traveling in the time stream disturbed it enough to compensate new events that didn't happen in my version?" Teresa looked up.
"Maybe...."

***

Vinnie sat indigently on his bike, his arms crossed over the front of his jacket.
Throttle leaned on a wall looking slightly perturbed, his hands in his pockets.
Modo was slightly woozily examining a nonexistent scratch in his bike that growled every time his hand, metal or other wise came close to a vital engine part.
"So what do we do now?!"Throttle was the first to speak.
"We wait" came Modo's response, he rubbed his head. Vinnie continued to look indigent at a wall, perhaps somehow trying to save what little of his ego he had left that was rational.
Or perhaps he was just too embarrassed to say anything, which was a small relief for Throttle and Modo.
"So what do we know"Throttle tried again, exasperated as to what to do.
"One thing I do know, she hits like an ox!"Vinnie suddenly commented as he rubbed a bruise that had Suddenly sprung up on his jaw.
"I think some goons could vouch for that better than you could" Throttle laughed quietly and turned away. "We better get back"He said and sat on his bike and kicked the gas pedal.

***

A little farther off, Teresa sat a looked out the limo window at the sky. Waiting.
Waiting.
It's not the right time yet.
Waiting.
Wait........
No time.


The BMFM are property of what ever company that founded them, no copyright infringement was intend. (This Story is rated PG-14 for some violence and vulgar laugage)

A Shadow At High Noon

Part III:

Rush Hour

By Tek

1997-1998 copyrighted to Tek and TEK Productions.


Chicago

Throttle rested his head on the cold hard cement behind him, as he leaned on the wall, he could feel the gritty wall behind his neck.
His bike growled softly, he looked down at it, then sighed and continued to watch Vinnie converse with a scantily clad hooker on the other side of the street.
About what, he didn't know, and he really didn't care, as long as little Martian babies didn't start popping up in the next nine months.
Anyway Modo was keeping an eye on Vinnie, and his hormones.
And that left him for watch duty. Which he didn't like, but it beat trying not to look down the cleavage of a hooker.
Which for some reason or another Vinnie seemed to enjoy.
He thanked the lord again that Modo was there, and then he sighed and tried to think of something that might pass the already slowly moving time.
He couldn't so he just sat back with the cement behind his head, a slightly annoyed bike, for reasons that were beyond him, sitting below him, and a scantily clad hooker on the other side of the street, along with Vinnie and Modo.
He sighed.
Life truly sucks!
Especially now, you wouldn't find hookers on Mars.
He looked over to the ordeal on the other side of the road.
He bit his thumb at Vinnie's back side and tilted his head back up towards the sky, and the stars, which were mostly obscured by a layer of heavy smog.
His mind had almost made it back to his home planet when the sound of heavy boots pounding on the hard cement startled him out of the rather nice day dream he was halving.
"Throttle! She says she's seen a man and woman of that description" Vinnie yelled breaking Throttle's train of thought.
"Fine.....where?" Throttle shook his head in disgust.
"Over in the east side" Modo answered. "Near a bar called The Last Outpost" he finished.
"She said she tried to pick up a guy who matched the description of our Mr. Smith" Vinnie continued the story, a little too fast for Throttle's taste, but he didn't feel like arguing. "But she then saw that the woman, who matched Teresa's description was with him, and apparently she's scared of laddies in black leather"
"Well I wouldn't exactly call her a lady, but.......black leather?" Throttle looked over the tops of his glasses, not for the effect it made, but for the fact that he didn't want to see anything at that particular moment.
Modo nodded "apparently she doesn't spend all her time in the office." He flicked Throttle's shades back up his nose, apparently not likening the effect that he was giving.
"Great, now, we know she's not only got the strength to hold out againced us......we now know she's also a biker!!" Vinnie snorted and leaned on his bike, which revved slightly under him.
"Quit complaining, you got to look at the hooker because of this!" Throttle snapped at him. "Gees all the millions of slezes in Chicago, and we get the information from the one with the cleavage you could ski down!" Throttle looked down at the gas cap of his bike.
No one responded so Throttle kicked Modo lightly in the kneecap, "are we going?" He asked.

***

Charleen Davidson had her nose buried in a book, and herself buried in a warm blanket, buried in a reletivly soft couch.
She looked up irratedly as the door bell jingled and brought her nose out of the novel.
She looked at the clock on the wall.
11:45pm
"Who the hell would be calling at this hour?" She muttered and strougeled to get herself untangled from her blanket.
She blinked at the door and stumbled over to it, she pushed it open and bit her lip as cold wind stung her face.
Darkness meet her. Then for a second she saw a tall woman in a black leather jacket, heavy motorcycle boots, and silver shades,even at this time of night.
She blinked and the light was back on and she was staring at a young woman in her twenties, dressed in a blue suit, wire framed glasses circled her bright green wide eyes. She was surprisingly tall to Charleen.
She wore loafers, which for some perverse reason Charleen thought that she should be wearing pumps. To at least compensate for her height.
"Can I help you?" Charleen managed to say.
" Charleen K. Davidson owner and proprietor of the Last Chance Garage?" The woman asked.
"Ummmm-hummmm" Charleen nodded.
" I'm Teresa, of Smith Defence&Protection Agency, I believe we received a call from you requesting a guard from 12 midnight till 9am tomorow?" Teresa fumbeled with a buisness card and handed it to Charleen.
"A Defance and Protection agency? I never called any agency?" She looked at Teresa out of her corner of her eyes.
" Hummmm....." Teresa looked down " Maybe I was mistaken, but the adress defenetly said Last Chance Gargae" She glansed at Charleen.
"Yeah it is" Charleen leaned on the door. "But I didn't ask for a Protection Agency" She motioned for Teresa to come in.
She laughed slightly "Then we must have made a terrible mestake, I'm truly sorry, if I bothered you" She turned away from the door. "If you need pertection, just you know where to call, say Mizz Teresa, says a vouch for you"
Charleen watched her decend the last of the stairs and a black limo pulled up beside her on the curb, she got in and the limo glided away.
She looked down at the card it read

Smith Protection&Defence Co

Teresa Esuom, body gaurd

125 Jerramy Ave

Phone: (876) 896-214

And below the adress was a logo of a M a S and a D in a complex picture. She shrouged and took one more look out of the door, she looked back into the warm room and put the card aside.
I'll have the bros check it out later.
She sighed and sat back down on the couch and buried her nose in the book.

***

Smith watched Teresa get back in to the limo, "She buy it?" he looked at her take her glasses off and replace them with the shades.
Teresa noded. "Hook, line, and sinker"
"Good, This'll make the job easer" Smith looked out and motioned into the filmed over front window for the chofure to drive.
" Take us to the bar."

***

Thottle squinted in the musky street lights as the three bikes roared down the deserted street.
He grited his teeth as the wind bit into his fur.
The sound of the bikes grew numb in his head and the handel bars in his hand.
None of them had been perforing very well latly... Vinnie had been missing shots.....Modo hadn't been himself.....and Throttle hadn't been feeling at all well.....not since SHE apreard.
He knew there was something not quite 'human' about her....maybe the way she moved as if she was used to being heaver and stronger....or the way she talked in a slang that could only be from some one who had eather lived in Chicago their entire life.....or lived on Mars....or maybe her uncany strength and disiplin when she had taken all of them on, plus goons and fought them to a stand still.....as if she KNEW them..and their stratagys....as if she had been tought them by some one who knew each and every one of them to the core.
"There it is!" a shout from Vinnie broke Throttle's trance.
"Ok.....helmets on bros......we'r just some freindly natives....."Throttle shook his head shaking the smog out of it. "Lets go" He got off his bike and patted the seat reasuringly.
Vinnie and Modo did the same....Throttle motioned for the bikes to stay in the large meca of bikes parked in front of the bar....they'd stay out of sight there.
The bar was loud and roudy, they could see all sorts of, ruffians, ragamuffens, and brawlers standing around.
"I don't get it bro...this isn't the place you'd expect" Vinnie made a sound in Throttle's ear.
"And look whos here" Modo pushed Vinnie away and pointed to a couple siting in the shadows near the back.
"Lookie lookie whos here" Throttle heard Vinnie mutter in the back ground.
"Shadap" he pushed his younger compainion back a little, knowing that Vinnie wanted to get back at the woman for breaking his image before his bros.

***

Darrain was in a particularly bad mood that night, he had had a bad one with a woman the night before and was in the mood to beat something up.
He had soon speid his prye for that night, a brown haired younge man, in his thirtys,with a small gottee and a younge woman who looked like she haden't slepd in weeks with her bloodshot red eyes.
"Hey bros, looks we got a stiff tonight" he said our loud " A stiff who wants ta be a biker!" he said this one rather loudly and motioned to the couple, out of the corner of his eyes he saw a starteled reaction from three biker who had just entered.
He'd never seen them before, no matter he though, ans whent about getting to the couple with a few of his posse on his back.
"So I'm a stiff eh?" the man looked up. The woman muttered somthing under her breath and looked up too. "I bet I could fight or ride better then any of you fokes here" the man sat back, rocking on the back legs of the chair.
"Wanna bet 'bout that stiff" Darrain looked at the man.
"Smith! I'm not pullin' you outta any problem here!" the woman looked up at them.
Smith stood up to his full hight, and smiled. he was only about an inch shorter then Darrain.
"Yeah, you just take orders, from ya woman there" Darrain grined, taking enjoyment in Smith's unease.
"I ain't no ones woman, bro"the woman looked up, over the top of her glasses" I'll have you know, he workes fer me" she stood, droping the beer can she had been drinking from.
Darrain cast her a glanse "tough little broad ain't ya?" his attention when back to Smith.

***

"Looks like they are havin' problems there" Throttle looked up from his drink, at the commotion that had eroupted at the back.
"Think, we should interveen?" Modo piped up.
"Yep" Throttle replied and stood up, puting his beer aside.
Vinnie glowered at the corrner of the table.
" I still think that bitch isn't worth our time" he muttered.
Modo poked him hard in the shoulder."That ain't no way to talk 'bout a lady" he said severly, reprimanding.
"She said 'erself she ain't no lady!" Vinnie protested, with a look of injured inocence, he rubbed his brused shoulder.
"Just leave it, the both of ya!" Throttle just glared at them and turned his back on them.
"He ain't been himself latley" Vinnie stood up dijectly and followed Throttle with an air of reluctence.
"I agree" Modo suprised Vinnie with his muttered reply.
"Wha?" He started, but Modo's hand slamed down on his muzzel.
"Like Throttle said, leave it!" He hissed.
Vinnie shutup.

***

Darrain spun around at Smith's compainion, the bloodshot eye'd woman. She stood a little lower then Smith a little thiner then him.
"And you might be, sweet thing?"He questioned.
"Names, Teresa Esoum" she smirked, "and I ain't yer sweet thing" she tapped her gloved finger tips on the table.
Darrain didn't waste another look on her. He turned back to the Smith guy.
"He now leaned on the table top, smiling like he didn't have a care in the world.
"What ya grinnin' 'bout stiff?" Darrain looked at him.
"Nothin' bro," Smith grinned all the wider noticing Vinnie, Modo, and Throttle pushing theri way through the crowd that was starting to suround the table.
"Well then whats all the fuss?" the woman looked up. She had halfway pulled somthing out from the back of her black jacket, her fingers closing around it.
"I don't like no stiffs in me bar" Darrain looked back at her. " I don't like no bitches either" He turned face to her.
"Hummm..." She raised one perfectly arched eye brow at him. " And I don't like no man comin' on ta me like that" She raised one her hand and closed it into a fist, by Darrian's face.
Smith nudged Teresa discreatly in the arm "We don't want any trouble" he reminded her.She looked back at him.
" Don't worry Smith I'll have him finished in under a minet here" Teresa waved Smith off her arm.She looked back to Darrian.
Damn, shes getting worse.
Darrian stood shaking for a second at her " I don't think so lady" losing intrest in Smith he made as if to hit the woman. His hand flew down toward her face, and sudenly stoped. Her hand clenched around his wrist, and tightening.
"Look I could crush yer wrist if I wanted ta, and I'm almost three times as strong as ya" She squesed a litte harder, no effort showing on her face. "So you just us alone!" She twisted his hand back.
In the back ground Vinnie shook his head "That ain't smart" he murmmered.
"Wait a second, look at 'er hand" Modo looked up pointing to the back of her hand over the crowd which had gatherd in anticpation of the fight.
And indeed the back of her hand had started into a hot red glow. Which increced as her grip got tighter around Darrian's wrist.
"I don't like the looka that!" Throttle sudenly pushed his way through the crowd.
"What the hell is he up too now?!" Vinnie pushed forward affter him.
"Don't know" Modo pushed affter them.

***

"Like I said stiff, you tryin' ta start somthin'?" Darrian steped forward,wincing under the tension of Teresa's grip, Smith took a step back looking back to see is Vinnie Throttle and Modo were still near.
Vinnie twisted around sudenly, "We got compeny" he motiioned behind him.
Throttle spared it a glanse. Watching the goons try to enter the bar with out being seen.
He laughed slightly and motioned for Modo to watch them, and then watched as the big mouse made his way through the crowd.
"Looks like we'r goin' ta handel that.." Vinnie cocked his fist over to the fight bruwing.
"Umm-hum" Throttle started on and pushed his way to the edge of the crowd

***

Teresa steped back a little, to gain balence. Her glasses were a little crocked, and her formerly near hair had been blown out into her face.
She was sick and teird of being treated like the weaker sex, her grip tightened.
Sick and teird of having to keep a low profile here, like she didn't know any thing about Chicago.
Damnit, she had lived here for most of her better years!
And she was really freakin' sick of the way it had turned out in this thing that they called life for her.
All her close freinds were dead, she couldn't even remember how old she was now.
And she hated being treated like she was weak.
Sundenly the fagile chaotic sanity she had held for most of the time broke into a million tortured peices.
She flung the drunk biker down to the floor with a crash.
A slight indent apeared in the floor.
"Jus', leave ok? And be glad I've gotter biger fish to fry then you!"
She stormed off a few feet before being caught.
And thats when the fight eroupted to full potential, no one knew who threw the first punch, people said it was a skinny pale biker with a magenta bandana around his neck, but no ones sure.
Throttle made his way stright for the couple, who were arguing, Vinnie had gotten there before him though and was ready to show a fight.
He was already losing. And Teresa had run off, with him following.
Throttle watched them exit the bar.
He then turned his attention to the man named Smith.
"Who are you?!" Throttle's hand whent stright to his blaster. Smith looked down it's barral without fear.
" My names John Smith" he held his hands so to signal he was unarmed. "I'm a tycon in the electronics industry and I run a protection agency " he said then stoped, looking for Throttle's reaction, he receved non other then a raised eye brow.
"No WHO are you?!" Throttle pulled the hammer back on the blaster, and prepared to fire it.
"Well if your going to be like that" Smith flusterd a little " My names Metalsmith Davidson" he said truthfuly and noded. "Teresa's my partner, and we where send back from the year 2015 to save the mice operating on Terra" he stoped.
" Why should I beleive that?" Throttle started to lower the hammer of the blaster, getting ready to send Smith reeling with a blaser hole in his forhead.
"Because you know it, and because of this" Smith sundenly ducked as the blaster bolt hurteled over his head, and then, lashing his leg out, he caught Throtle's shines, sanding him stagering back, Smith launched himself off his heels and barreled into Throttle, and being not nearly as strong, he only managed to keep him off balence to grap his balster, but not enough to take him down.
"That was Take 'Em Down number five!" Throttle muttered stagering to keep his balence. "Where did you learn that" he ran his hand across his mussel checking for blood.
"Really?" Smith backed up "Teresa never gave names to the moves she taught" Smith leveled the blaster with Throttle's head, quite sure that Throttle though the would shoot him, and even though Smith knew he couldn't shoot him.
"One more question" Throttle stood back up fully "Who is Teresa?" he looked over his glasses.
"Know thyself, know thy ememy" Smith turned around and started to run out "Teresa is who you may leaset expect her to be" he smiled charismaticly, which reminded Throttle some what of Vinnie, but he dismisteit and ran after the retreating Smith.
Who had seemingly disapeared, and just as Throttle turned back to go inside to join his bros in the fight, a limo turned the corner, and roared off affter a recently departed bike, and Vinnie!

***

Teresa pushed her way out of the bar, a goon in her way flew up on the wall, and slithered back to the ground unconsciance.
She cursed under her breath.
How could he!
Vinnie was at her heels. The brawl had increced since a few minets ago, and He found it hard to make his way through.
He pushed his way out of the last layer of the crowd, and gasped slightly as a high pitched wisle followed by the roar of a bike sounded from around the corrner, a black bike, that struck him as a mix of his own and Throttle's roared out from the crowd of bikes still standing around.
It stoped and the rider's visor sliped up, Teresa's sliver visor shades glitered below.
"Catch me if ya can, bro, you never were the atrocity with the bike you claim to be" She waved her hand back and hit the gas on her bike, sending it hurling down the road, exaust streeming out behind it.
Vinnie cursed and ducked a flying bot he wisled and his own bike made it's way out of the bikes to his side.
"Come on girl" he ajusted his helmet over his face "That lady's bike says it can out run ya" he patted it and the starter caughed to life.
His bike shot affter Teresa's a sreak of red following a streak of black.
Teresa's hand pushed down further on the gas reving the bike, the bike, excelarated, leaving Vinnie behind her.
He quickly kicked his bike into the next gear and started to gain on her tail pipes.
Exaust belched from the two bikes as Teresa took a sharp turn teirs squeling.
She risked a look over her shoulder and let one hand off the handelbars to her hip, she pulled the whip out of it's holster, and cracking it around a lamp post, her bike swirved around the corner, her left knee grasing the asfault.
Vinnie swore and kicked his bike as it slowed down slightly to turn the corrner and sped up as it continued the chase.
Sudenly it stoped.
"OH crist, is she crazy!" His bike stoped up short as a huge lumber truck weeled it's way out of a ally near a market.
Teresa's bike revved again putting on more speed. Her bike accselarated towards the truck.
Yep, shes defenetly crazy.

Continued in part IV....