I do not own the BMFM; the setting and Characters are taken from the Survivor log series, which was created from the wonderful
Imagination of the very talented December Girl.
I just hope my little offering does it justice.
Yes, it's a romance but can you ever have too much of that?
I don't think so.

New Journey

(The Love of My Life)

By Morning 1999



Charley tried to think of everything to make the night perfect. The kids would be gone for awhile thanks to Sarni and Modo having them over for the night.
Both had hoped that the two would find each other and now that it had happened what ever would help them along was more than a pleasure.

Charley went over her mental checklist; under normal circumstances she would have pre pared a nice romantic dinner and had a bouquet of flowers on the table, but here and now she had to improvise.
Martian food was not something she would even try to prepare and flowers were much too precious for mere decoration.
Charley looked at herself in the full-length that stood in the corner of the room.
Even at forty years she was still a fine figure of a woman with the stature and graces that only comes with the beauty of age.
Sarni had worked a small miracle. She had gotten a beautiful dress and adjusted it to fit Charlie's shape perfectly. It was simple, form fitting, and soft as silk. A shade of blue Charley had never seen before. It seemed to shimmer like the moon's reflection on Lake Michigan.
Yes, heels would have been a nice touch but since they weren't possible and she wasn't about to put on those clunky boots, her bare feet were going to have to do along with the tiny gold ankle bracelet she wore.

Charley started thinking of where she was, where her life was going and to be honest she was kind of scared,
"Do I really want to do this, Of course I do!" she argued with herself.
"Boy, Charlene when you make a life change you don't fool around, living on an other planet, about to get seriously involved with one of it's people.
"No. Not it's people, Mars is my home. They are now my people and this is my planet, where I have brought my kids, my life. And now Throttle is going to be a very important part of it. Yes I do want to do this more than anything, I need this, I need him."

Charley was jolted for her pondering by the sound of someone at the door. With a deep breath she took one last glance and smiled to herself. She walked to the door to continue her journey through her own real life fairytale, leather clad prince charming and all.
"Fairytales can come true, they can happen to you, if you are young at heart." Charley hummed to herself as she went to the door.
She stood for one more second, took one more deep breath, closed her eyes, and opened it.

Throttle had come just a bit early to Charlie's quarters. He stood outside the door not quite ready to go in.
He stood with his head leaned back against the wall.
"I knew she loves me and I am sure I love her but, I never thought it was going to be this hard."
"Throttle! Man, what is your problem? You are not some school kid. You have known this woman for more than ten years.
And there is no better way to start this kind of relationship then with a friends, she is that and more."

He cared for her, protected her, and now she was the love he'd searched for his whole life. He had faced the whole Plutarkian armada, Limburger and his hoards, Sandsquids, and none of them made him weak in the knees as the thought of going through that door.

"Okay, big bad leader it's time to see what you are really made of, get some back bone and start living your life."

With that Throttle also took a deep breath, removed his specks and remembered something he had said years earlier and it still held true.
"Life it ain't ever a straight road." But this time the road he was heading down was paved with a bright new hope.

The door opened and there she stood so beautiful that his heart ached with the vision.
She stood in the dim light of the room; she was the most exquisite thing he'd ever laid eyes on.

She saw him standing in the doorway, tall regally handsome. The exotic looks that made him something out of her sweetest dream and secret imaginings.

They stood for a moment and nothing was said. Then Charley smiling took him by the hand and gently guided him into the room closing the door behind him.
He nervously pecked her on the cheek and gave her the gift he was concealing behind his back.
Charley was surprised at what appeared to be flowers wrapped in white tissue paper, but they were much too heavy.
She sat down to unwrap it and saw that they were flowers but not like she'd excepted.
Upon opening the package she was overwhelmed at the sight of the sparkling treasure she was now holding. They were crystals formed into six long stem white roses.

"I wanted you to have something special and I remember you had said roses where your favorites. Sorry that's as close as I could come."

Charley was so full of emotion, she couldn't believe that he had remembered, that he would go through so much trouble. That she could have found someone so wonderful.
She placed her hand to her mouth and let her tears quietly run down her face.

"Oh Throttle they are just prefect."

He sat down next to her gently lifting her chin and wiping them way, said; " They aren't nearly as prefect as the one holding them."

Charley smiled and looked into his face then realized he wasn't wearing his specks.
She looked into his eyes as if for the first time, seeing how much true beauty they held. The quiet sadness was still there but now there was also a peace in the warm pale Garnet glow that now absorbed her.
She leaned up and kissed him softly just enough not to shatter the moment.
He sat motionless and let that moment settle in his mind, one of many to be cherished.

Then Throttle got up and took something out of his pocket and walked over to her CD player. Putting a disk on he then walked over to Charley.
As a lone piano gently poured it's soft melody into the room Throttle raised Charley into an embrace and holding her close to him they started to dance.
Then he began to sing and his voice was sweet as any angels, making Charley melt in his arms;

I am amazed
When I look at you
I see you smiling back at me
It's like all my dreams come true

I am afraid
If I lost you girl
I'd fall through the cracks
And lose my track in this crazy lonely world

He raises his hands to her hair and loses himself in its softness and intoxicating fragrance.
The dim light was caught in her jeweled green eyes as they reflected all the love she felt for him.

Sometimes it's so hard to believe
When the nights can be so long
And faith gave me the strength
And kept me holding on

You are the love of my life
And I'm so glad you found me
You are the love of my life
Baby put your arms around me
I guess this is how it feels
When you finally found something real
My angel in the night
You are my love
The love of my life

Charley was breathless there in his arms safe, she had known love before but not like this. Everything he had, everything he was, he was giving to her.
And she would accept it keeping everything safe in her heart

Now here you are
With midnight closing in
You take my hand as our shadow dance
With moonlight on your skin

I look in your eyes
I'm lost inside your kiss
I think if I'd never met you
About all the things I'd miss
Some times it's so hard to believe
When a love can be so long
And faith gave me the strength
And kept me holding on

Throttle lifts her off her feet and cradles her in his arms as he continues to sing.

You are the love of my life
And I'm so glad you found me
You are the love of my life
Baby put your arms around me
I guess this is how it feels
When you finally find something real
My angel in the night
You are my love
The love of my life

Then as the last soft lilting note falls from the piano he kisses her.
A kiss that is as pure and complete as any could be. One that promised a life together that would finally fill the void in each of their lives.

I guess this is how it feels
When you finally find something real
My angel in the night
You are my love
The love of my life


The End