The disclaimer: I do not own the Biker Mice from Mars and I am not making any profit from this story. It is written for my own entertainment and hopefully someone else may also enjoy reading the fruits of my labor.

Metamorphose is a story of change, that about says it all.

(Again any spelling or grammar errors please forgive)


Metamorphose

By Morning

Copyright July 20,1998 by Morning


Limburger Tower:

Limburger was sitting slumped over his desk. His head being held between his hands he moaned to himself, " Failure after failure when will it all end. I know if those annoying Biker Mice were out of my fins that I would be the fish of greatness I know I could be. Biker Mice indeed If they weren't so." He paused in mid thought. Then an idea began to form in his devious Plutarkian's mind.
He smilingly thinks to himself, " Yes, if they that's it. How could I not have thought of it before? KARBUNKLE," he screamed almost to excited to breathe. After a second or two the strange being appear in his usual fashion. " You bellowed," he said his voice dripping with sarcasum.
"Yes, I have a very important assignment for you, one that I know will free us of our rodent problem permanently." As Limburger tell his plan to Karbunkle, the escapee from an old horror movie, was finding joy in imagining his hygienically challenged employer falling slowly out of the nearest window becoming a beautiful green stain on the pavement.

Time passes:

Karbunkle had locked himself in his lair for weeks and upon emerging had concocted what Limburger saw as his salvation. With a sinister smile and rubbing his fat hands together anticipated receiving the prize.
The Plutarkian eyed the container and thought to himself, "Finally this will do what all my minions, all my weapons, all my efforts have not done."
As he lovingly fingered the bottle his mind saw the praise and admiration he would finally receive from all those who had doubted his abilities.
Karbunkle finding the utmost delight in breaking Limburgers fantasy tells him, "You still have to find a way to deliver your little package, my most Lactosian of Lords."

Somewhere in Chicago:

Find a way he did, not wanting to trust this all-important assignment to anyone else he actually was going to do it himself. This was something he had to enjoy personally, no goons, no bombs, and no lasers, quietly like the bite of a poisonous insect. It would be quick and permanent then his troubles would be all the past. The feeling was an ecstasy that only his cruel heart could truly appreciate.
After sending a little miss-information that he knew would bring the them to this particular spot he sat patiently and drooling at the mouth waiting for his quarry.

Part II

As they raced to what they thought was another attempt by Limburger to claim more of Chicago for Plutark the Biker Mice from Mars could never have imagined what they were riding into.
Charley riding in her spot behind Vinnie was surprised it only took little less then a full fledge argument to be allowed to join the guys on this Limburger bashing.
Oddly enough once arriving at the spot where Limburger was supposed to be it was surprisingly quiet.
Vinnie in his own special way said, "So bros. I thought you said Old Lard butt was stinking around here somewhere."
"You never know what he may be up to so just keep your eyes open Vincent," Charley said knocking on his helmet just hard enough to make her point.
Just then Limburger saw his targets approaching he raised the sights an aimed very carefully the special weapon that would fire precisely at all three at the same time. He had to hit them directly at the base of the neck to get the desired results. With added sensors he wasn't about to miss. He fired and each shot found its mark exactly at the base of the neck. He had done it finally they would no longer be a problem. His joy was indescribable.
Throttle was the first to react as the chemical began to enter his system. The sharp pain nearly caused him to slam his bike into his companions but he was able to stop just short of disaster. What was it?
Modo being the larger of the trio only felt the small pinch and his reaction was very subtle at first, he could slow safely to a stop then reaching behind him he could feel the device and removing it wondered what was going to happen.
Vinnie on the other hand had the most server reaction. He felt intense pain as the object released its potion causing him to then blackout. If not for Charlie's quick thinking they would have hit head on into the on coming brick wall, she was able to get control of his bike and slow it to a less dramatic halt.
Vinnie hung limb over the front handle bars and Charley, way beyond panic, lost the battle of trying to keep her, the bike, and Vinnie upright so they toppled to the ground. She pulled her self from the mass of motorcycle and mouse to see Vinnie laying unconsious in a heap. Her injuries were minor but unimportant to her at this point. She rushed to him to see how badly he was injured. She saw the silver device sticking out of the back of his neck and pulled it out carefully.
Charley examined the three small darts then stored them away safely to be analyzed later.
Modo and Throttle were both beginning to feel the full effects of what ever was now in their systems. They decided to get back to the scoreboard before what ever was going to happen, happened. A hospital was probably the better choice but under the circumstances not an option.
Modo was able to lift Vinnie on to his bike and Vinnie's bike allowed Charley to ride it. Throttle followed precariously behind and they were finally able to barely make it home.
Modo got Vinnie on to his bed just before he passed out on the floor himself. Throttle was hanging half on the bed and the rest of him dangled off the edge. Charley knew she had to find someone to help, feeling that her friends would die if she didn't. She'd call Stoker, but he could never get to earth in time, she thought. Jack! She would call Jack. Not only was he a computer genius but with a few other degrees under his belt she knew he could do something. With their long-standing friendship she knew she could depend on him.
Asphaltjack McCyber was at a near by military installation working on a project for the government but he had left Charley his private pager code just in case she needed him and she really need him now. She left an urgent message and waited.
"What's taking him so long to call me back," she wondered as she fidgeted with the phone. When it did ring she attacked the phone and Jack. Half-crying and half-shouting she managed to tell him what had happened. Once he was able to make sense of what she said he was on his way. "Don't worry Kid it may not be as bad as it looks," he said knowing he was lying.
As she waited all she could do was make sure they were still breathing, and whisper a prayer or two she needs all the help she could get. She tried not to give in to the tears but seeing them so completely helpless and feeling just as helpless they came anyway. She could see the sweat pour down their faces. She would try and keep cool towels on their head but that was an exercise in futility. Finally she sat down by Vinnie picked up his hand held it to her face and said in a soft trembling voice, " Don't die on me Van Wham, don't any of you dare die on me."
After what seemed like forever she heard Jack's bike and ran to let him in. Pulling him up the stairs she practically pushed him to where the boys laid. "Calm down Charlene I'll do what I can," he said sitting her down.
After he had examined each and took some blood samples, turning to Charley he said, "I'm going to have to take the darts and the blood samples back to my lab. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. I'm not sure of what it is but something is happening to them. Maybe you should try and get in touch with their friends on Mars from what you tell me they may have the equipment to better handle this what ever this is.
Charley was silent for the most part but she shook her head in agreement. Jack put his arms around her shoulders gave her reassuring hug and told her, " Try not to worry Kid, they are made of pretty strong stuff especially Ace over there", pointing to Vinnie.
Charley smile a little but in a voice that pleaded with him, " Please Jack try to find a way to help them". He gave her a light kiss on the cheek and left.
Charley just stood there for a second she had to pull herself together loosing it now wasn't going to help the guys so she set to the task at hand.
She put a pillow under Modo's head, him still being on the floor where he fell and covered him with a blanket. She took Throttles specks off and tried to adjust him on the bed the best she could. She paused for a second and looked at him. She'd always thought he was handsome in a Martian mouse kind of way but funny he looked different some how. In fact they all looked different but that was crazy she was just tired and her eyes were playing tricks on her.
Vinnie seem to be having the most trouble. He tossed his head from side to side. She could hear him moan and mumble her name.
Finally they all seem to settle down and she tried to contact Stoker or somebody at the Freedom fighter base on Mars, after a few hour of attempts she fell asleep at the vid-com.

Just after dawn:

Vinnie was the first to regain consciousness he felt like someone had put his body through a meat grinder. Every time he moved pain would pierce him like a knife but it soon it subsided and he was able to at least sit on the side of the bed.
He didn't know how he gotten home or what had happen after he felt the pain in his neck but looking around the room he saw his bros. were seemingly unharmed.
He saw Charley sitting at the vid-com and he knew that what ever had gone down she was there to make sure they were taken care of. He smiled to himself and as he watched her for a minute and realized she was pretty important to him in fact to all of them.
He decided he was strong enough to at least try and put her in bed so she could be more comfortable. On standing up he felt weaker than he'd ever felt before but it would probably pass. As he walked over to where Charley slept he gently lifted her up and carried her over to the bed. As he did he thought to himself, " Whoa, Charley sure has put on some major weight. You had better lay off the dogs Charley girl," he said glad that she couldn't hear him. But still was he that much weaker.
Charley felt herself being lifted and snuggled against the warm body still half asleep. As she slowly opens her eyes she screamed and struggled to get away. Whooo are you? She stammered looking at Vinnie like she'd never seen him before. Almost dropping her Vinnie yelled, "What's the matter with you Sweetheart? It's me". Charley just stared in disbelief she couldn't be seeing what she thought she was.
As the other two began to come around they were wondering what all the noise was. Focusing on Charley and not each other they were trying to make some scene out of what she was screaming about.
Then seeing Vinnie realized why she had screamed, it this was beyond anything they had ever dealt through before. Hoping it was a bad dream saw they were all effected.
By this time Charlie's mouth was just moving up and down, she slowly backed away trying to make sense of what she was seeing. Just then she heard the sound of Jack's bike, as he rushed in he stopped dead in his track at the sight of the former Biker Mice from Mars who were now three human men.

Part III

After the initial shock wore off Jack cleared his throat and trying to sound as normal as possible.
"Yea, well um I guess you've already figured out what the injections were. Some how your DNA has been altered and far as I can tell the effects maybe permanent. Charley did you get in touch with MarsCharley. CHARLENE,"! Charley was still standing with her mouth hanging open. Jack grabbed her by the arm and gave her a shake, "Charley snap out of it, did you get in touch with Mars."
Charley got her composure and told him that she had spent most of the night trying but she wasn't able to get any response some kind of interference.
The guys were still trying to come to grips with what had happened to them. They stared at each other and examined themselves but they hadn't said a word. Even Vinnie who always had something to say about everything stood silent.
Jack trying to offer some small comfort told them, "Look I am no expert on this so I will keep working and see if I can work up an antidote. Try to get in touch with your buddies on Mars as soon as you can, the more help we get the sooner we could find an answer."
Charley told him that she would handle it but maybe he should go for now to let the guys have some time to let the situation sink in. Jack agreed and left for his lab.
Charley was trying to find something to say, something that would offer comfort, hopes anything.
"I'm just glad that you weren't killed, it could have been a lot worse." They just looked at her.
"Not the right thing to say Charlene." She said to herself but as she examined each one she began to realize that as human that weren't too bad on the eyes. In fact they were drop dead gorgeous.
For example there was Vinnie he had maintained a very fair complexion. He was the same height but less weight with the same muscular form. Snow white hair hung like silk down past his shoulders.
His once pink eyes where now a steel blue and she decided he looked like what a Viking might have centuries ago. The mask had adjusted itself to fit Vinnie's new facial features and that only added to his strikingly handsome appearance
Throttle almost took her breath away. He was neither quite as tall nor as heavy but still maintained a sculptured physique. Now he had a honey brown complexion with masses of copper brown waves that settled wildly on his head. It fell in his face and the length was just below his neck.
The transformation had even changed the appearance of the eyes given him courtesy of Karbunkle. Now they had the same color of tiger's eyes but with just a bit more gold and it appeared he didn't need his specks.
Then there was Modo he had a body to die for. Not as massive but he had maintained his height.
The bionic arm strangely fit his new body quite well whether it still functions that remained to be seen.
His one good eye also took on another appearance it was black as an onyx. He was now a dark olive complexion and with the eyepatch and a baldheaded he put Charley in the mind of a character straight out of the tale of the Arabian Nights, Sinbad or Ali Baba.
Vinnie as always was the first to say anything, " So bros. what do we do now?"

"Do Vincent, there is nothing we can do. We maybe stuck like this more than likely for the rest of our lives what do you suggest we DO," Throttle said surprisingly, he was usually the calmest of the trio now was completely unnerved. His mind was filled with what this was going to do to his life.
Modo on the other hand was worried about how their bikes were going to accept their new form.
He was going to find out. He walked cautiously over to his old hoss but before he could get too close the bike whined and backed away. Not deter by this he continued toward the bike trying to reassure it, of which he was, "Come on Li'l Darlin you know me." With that the bike whipped out its lazer and was ready to fire. Modo backed off and sunk back on the floor to overwhelm to do much else.
By now Vinnie was deciding that maybe this wasn't the worse thing that could have happened to him after all. He eyed Charley thinking of all the new possibilities that were flashing in his mind smiling at her wickedly.
Charley caught him, she knew that look and said to him, "Vincent Van Wham, I can't believe you would even think about that at a time like this."
He chimed back at her in the most innocent of voices, "Charley Sweetheart I don't know what you're talking about."
"I'll bet you don't," she said as she rolled her eyes and smiled to herself thinking of her own possibilities.

continued in part 2