This little tale came from my love of two things, Barbra Streisand's incredible voice and the Andrew Lloyd Webber's wonderful song writing. The song I use is from "The Phantom of the Opera" an incredible play with equally incredible music. To make a long disclaimer short I don't own anything. But when I heard this song on Mrs. Streisand's CD "Collection" it was screaming for a BM story so I put it in the "Darkness" story line, which is my creation. It's a side story that takes place just after Throttle's blindness and Charley becoming his lady. Oh and if by some strange quirk in the space time continuum and either Mrs. Streisand Brolin or Mr. Webber are BM fans and happen to see this I did use the song with out their permission but don't sue me folks because it is for entertainment purposes only.

"All I Ask Of You"

By Morning

June 21, 2001


It had only been a few weeks since Charley and Throttle had their tender moment of revelation. After all they shared and all the promises given the Martian hero was uncertain whether he'd made the right decision. Should he have accepted her love so readily? Charley was willing to have her life revolve around him with all the emotional baggage he lugged around adding blindness to the mix. The only woman who ever filled his empty soul so completely, she made his life mean more than an endless battle for survival. But real love was suppose to be unselfish so should he release her, could he?

Charley could feel him slipping and she was not going to let that happen. She realized his life had been filled with a tremendous amount of lose and heartbreak that it would be hard for him to believe that at least some of that was over. She would show him that he deserved to be loved with all that her heart could give.

Modo was dropping him off at the garage so the astute young mechanic made sure she was at the door when she heard the bike coming. Seeing Throttle sitting behind Modo, not able to ride his own beautiful black and silver Lady made Charley want to cry, but she wouldn't, the last thing he needed was pity.

Pulling up to the curb in front, Modo merely lifted an arm to give his bro the support to get off the bike and Charley immediately walked over wrapping her arm around Throttle's waist reaching up to peck him on the cheek. She looked back over her shoulder and mouthed a grateful, "Thank You". Modo nodded with an indebted smile before leaving his bro in her very loving, capable hands.

Other than a little small-talk during dinner, the unsure tan Martian didn't have much to say. His thoughts were consumed by the silent debated on whether to free the woman that he'd waited all his life to find. The soft lingering scent of jasmine which hung in the air didn't help to make his decision any easier.

Charley sat for a moment watching the flickering candle light play with his features and reflecting off the mirrored glass of his shades. He wore them thinking it put her at ease not to look at his unfocused eyes. With out a word Charley got up and walked behind him to touch his shoulders. He let his head relax against her arm then took hold of her hand holding it to his cheek.

"You sure you still wanna do this Charley-girl?" He whispered softly against the back of her hand before kissing it.

"What this are we talking about? Being your girl? Loving you more than my heart can bare? Wanting to be near you every moment of every day?" Charley bent down to kiss the top of his head. "You have to be more specific my adorable fur ball."

"All of the above I guess?" He answered despairingly dropping his head.

Walking to stand in front of him Charley gently guided him up from his chair. "You don't need these." She reached up to slide the glasses from his face.

"Wait here, don't move." She walked away leaving Throttle a bit confused but he did as she asked. Not that there was any place he could go with out the possibility of falling over something and, in his mind, making a fool of himself.

Charley walked over to the CD player and picked up a disk she had selected especially for him, especially for this moment. After starting the machine she went back and took his hand. "Dance with me." She insisted as piano music filled the air.

He hesitated for a second, but as a beautiful voice hummed the lilting melody, Charley lean her head on his chest, and swayed slightly. Throttle closed his eyes giving into the gentle urgings of her movements. "Listen to the words, Throttle." She whispered.



No more talk of darkness
Forget these wide-eyed fears
I'm here nothing can harm you
My words will warm and calm you

Let me be your freedom
Let daylight dry your tears
I'm here, with you beside you
To guard you and to guide you

Then say you'll love me every winter morning
Turn my head with talk of summer time
Say you'll need with you now and always
Promise me that all you say is true

(Charley moved her hand up to cress his cheek holding her hand under his chin lifting it gently as she leaned her head back to look up into his face. His eyes remained closed.)

That's all I ask of you


Let me be your shelter
Let me be your light
You're safe no one will find you
You're fears are far behind you

(Feeling her watching him his hand slowly rose to gently search her face until he touched her eyes. He opened his trying to focus on where his hand touched.)

All we need is freedom
A world that's warm and bright
And you always beside me
To hold me and to guide me

Say you'll share with me one love one, lifetime
Let me lead you from your solitude
Say you'll need me with you, here beside you
Anywhere you go let me go too

That's all I ask of you

Say the word and I will follow you
Share each day with me, each night, each morning
Say you feel the way I do

That's all I ask of you.

(The music plays)

"Why can't you see that you are everything I could have hope or dared to dream I'd find? I want you to feel safe with giving me your heart. I'm going to take such good care of it, but you have to trust me. You asked if I was sure I wanted to do this? If this means, loving you, sticking by your side, following you to the ends of the universe than yes, I am very, most positively, absolutely, sure. Got that?" Charley was holding his face between her hands and pulled his head down to kiss him.

Any where you go, let me go to
Love me

That's all I ask of you.

"Yeah I got that." He thought basking in the glow of her incredible love for him. Vowing never to make her regret the choice she's made.

(the music softly dies)



The End