The characters in this fanfic belong to me except for the biker mice, charley and the enemy's. I don't make profit from this story. Feel free to draw them though. Happy reading

Guardians

By Magic star

Copyright 2000

All rights reserved


"Ow-whowhow, tail wippen time" Vinnie yelled blasting at a goon. The goon's car exploded and he landed high in a tree. I giggled and looked around to see what the others were doing. Throttle was bashing up two goons and Modo was blasting them with his arm cannon. I noticed a goon car coming up behind Charley. I revved up my bike and jumped over her and blasted it. I came up to her to see if she was ok.
"I'm alright Magic star thanks for the help" she smiled at me
"no problem" then the three bro.'s. rode over to us.
"You girls ok?" asked Modo
"yeah were fine".
"good, well lets get back to the Last Chance" Throttle told us as Charley mounted on Vinnies bike and we all rode back.
On the way Vinnie and I were having a race.
"Eat my dust Vinnie!!!"
"I don't think so sweetheart!!!" he yelled.
We were both far in front of Throttle and Modo. It was funny to watch Charley hold on to Vinnie for dear life, I couldn't help but giggle. Then I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, something hit my bike's wheel and I spun out of control. My bike fell over onto it's side and I came off. As I did come off I hit my head hard on the pavement.
"Star!!" yelled my friends as they got off there bikes and ran over to me. I looked up at their concerned faces, then everything went black.

***


I opened my eyes and a bright light shone over head. I sat up slowly and looked around. I was in a room there were white walls and a white sealing. My helmet was off and I had a bandage around my head. I looked at my hands and instead of seeing fur, I saw skin. `I must have transformed into a human while I was out' I thought. Next to me was a machine that was making annoying beeps and there were cords attached to my arm.
"Why am I in a hospital?" I asked myself then I remembered the accident. I looked at my other arm and it had a plaster around it.
`I must have broken a bone when I fell off my bike. Oh man, I hope Desert Rider's ok' I thought. "Where are the bro.'s? How long was I out cold? And what hit my bike?" I pulled the cords out of my hand and I stood up on the floor. "Well these million dollar questions aren't gonna be answered if I stay in here. But first I'll have to get changed out of these hospital clothes". I walked over to a chair and I put on my normal clothes. As I grabbed the door handle, it opened. Standing there was a nurse with a notebook. She had long curly blond hair and she was wearing a uniform.
"No, no get back into bed" she pushed me back into the room.
"But..but"
"butts are for sitting on Miss Star, now back into that bed, pronto. I'll get you something to eat". The nurse walked out of the room and closed the door.

***


The nurse came back minutes later with a tray of food. I was sitting on the bed.
"Good you're in bed, here eat this" she said putting the tray on a small table that moved over the bed.
"Do you know where my friends are?" I asked as I ate a piece of the sandwich.
"yes there back at your home"
"then can I go home now?"
"sorry no, the hospital and the government won't let you."
"Why?"
"To get out of here you have to get your parents to take you home or a guardian"
"but I haven't got any here".
"I know your friends told me so now you have to go to a adoption center". My mouth dropped. I had heard stories about those places. You go in and you have to do homework on holidays, make your beds, share a room with about twenty other people, clean up you rooms, and worst of all you have to ware a DRESS!!!!
"Oh god no, anything but that!!!!".

***


The next day I was lying on the hospital bed when I herd a knock at the door.
"Come-in" I yelled the door opened and four figures walked in.
"Bro.'s Charley great to see ya"
"how are ya kid, are they treating you alright?" asked Vinnie asked
"oh it's ok"
"did you hear about where there taking you later today?" asked Throttle.
"Weren't you told?" I asked. They all shock their heads.
"They're taking me to a foster center"
"don't worry we'll figure out a way to get you home" exclaimed Modo
"you guys better, and soon too. If I stay there too long I'll turn out like a freak!" My friends just giggled and shock their heads.

***


Later that day. I was in a car going to the foster center. It was just like a mansion, big and old. I walked out of the car and into the building. It had blue walls and a white scealing. On the walls were pictures pinned up. They looked like they were drawn by children that were about five years old. Two of the workers of the foster home took me to a big room. The room had about ten bunk beds in it. They were all made up.
"This is where you will be staying," said the woman as she walked over to a bunk bed. I looked around the room. There were no pictures on the walls or anything you would find in a normal kid's bedroom.
`Who are these people?' I thought shaking my head. `Bro.'s you better find me a way out of here and soon.'
"This is what you have to wear" said the man as he showed me the most horrible thing ever. It was a uniform, and it also was a DRESS.
"You have got to be kidding"
"no this is what all the girls wear here"
"there is no way you're gonna get me into that"
"you have to ware it or else how are you going to get a new family?"
"I don't kneed a new family"
"yes you do"
"no I don't"
"yes"
"no
"yes"
"no."
After that little argument they agreed to let me pass on the uniform stuff. (If they didn't I'd probably fry `em.)
Later that night I was sitting on my bed reading a magazine when I heard someone come in. I looked up and saw three girls the same age as me come in. They were wearing the uniform's that looked horrible.
"Oh hello you must be the new girl?" exclaimed a girl with long blond hair. "My name's Rachel and this is Monica, and Britney" she told me pointing to the dark skinned girl with black hair and the white girl with brown hair.
"Hi I'm Magic star" I told them
"so where ya from?" asked Britney "and what happened to your arm?"
"I'm from here and I fell over and hurt my arm" I lied.
"I hate to say this but you're gonna hate it here" Monica told me
"I know, why do you hate it?"
"Because they make you clean up your room and they don't let you have any fun".
"How did you get out of wearing these uniforms?" asked Rachel
"I argued with them until they gave up. They can't make you do anything you don't want to do".
"I should have thought about that when I first came here," said Britney as she sat at the end of my bed.
"Let me guess you hate the uniforms too?'
"you bet, we all do there horrid". Then we heard a bell. "Well we all gotta go and get something to eat come on Star follow us". They lead me out side to a staircase we went up two floors and into another room. It looked like the food hall on Mars but there were no video games, TV's or even music. All the kids were sitting down eating food. (Kinda like in school cafertiars). There weren't only girls in there but there were also guys there too. My new friends began to introduce some other kids to me.

***


Two nights later at the scoreboard hideout. Throttle and Modo were watching TV and Vinnie was sitting at the table. He was really bored and was tapping the table with his knuckles and fingers, making a really annoying noise.
"Do you mind Vinnie? Were trying to watch this show" Throttle turned around to face his bro.
"Can't help it, I'm bored. If Star was here we'd be playing Street Fighter" Vinnie sighed and looked at the game that was collecting dust.
"Poor Vinnie he really misses her doesn't he?" Charley said sadly as she sat between Modo and Throttle.
"To him she's like a little sister. Actually she's like that to all of us" Modo told her. Vinnie got up and walked over to the window and sighed as he looked out at the night sky.

***


Meanwhile I was sleeping in my bunk when I herd a noise. I opened my eyes then closed them again as I saw a light come in the door. A woman looked around in the room then left. Curiosity got the better of me so I got up, and followed her. As quiet as a mouse.
The woman went down the stairway into a room and she locked the door behind her. I looked around and saw a hole in the top of the wall going through to the room. It was just big enough for me to get through. I flu up and turned invisible. I went half way through the whole when I got stuck. I squirmed to get through and finally I slid into the room. The woman was facing a chair that was turned around so I couldn't see who was in it.
"Sir there all asleep" she said
"excellent" the man said
"sould we continue with the plan"
"yes yes the biker mice would be too occupied with trying to get there friend back to worry about what I'm going to do" the man smiled.
"What if the girl gets suspicious?"
"Then capture her" he turned around in his chair and I saw who it was.
"Limburger? I should have seen this coming" I whispered to myself.
"What if she tries to fight?"
"She is only a child how much trouble could she be?" Limburger smiled
"Allot more than you think cheese smell" I smiled "Well I better contact my bros. somehow". I went back the way I came and flu towards the telephones. I transformed back into my normal mouse body. And I placed in some coins and dilled Charlie's number.
"Hello? Last Chance garage Charlene speaking"
"Charley it's me Magic Star. Listen you have to tell the guys go get here on the double"
"why, what's wrong?" The three-biker mice looked over at Charley puzzled, while she talked on the phone. Charley hung up the phone and turned to them.
"What's wrong Charley-girl?" asked Throttle
"that was star, she said that Limburger is there planning something".
"That means she could be in danger" Modo stood up
"yeah so we better get down there" the boys and Charley jumped on there bikes.
"Desert rider you better come too" Charley told my bike.
"Ok bros., LETS ROCK..
. AND RIDE!!!!" they all rode off to the foster building.

***


I was just about to turn into the room where I was staying when someone grabbed me.
"Greasepit let me go!!" I said trying to escape from his grip.
"Oh no moussie you're going to come with me too see the boss" he put me under his arm and took me back to Limburgers office.
"Well well what do we have here?" Limburger smiled
"she was wondering around the halls boss" Greasepit explained.
"Tie her up in that chair Greasepit. I'll decide what to do with her later" Greasepit did as he was told and tied me up to a chair.
"Karbunkle!!!!!" Limburger yelled
"yes you're over ripeness how can I help you?"
"Karbunkle have you got that invention ready yet? We've got our guinea pig, ur.. I mean mouse to test it on".
"Excellent. We'll be able to steal her powers and I'll...Um. You'll be the most powerful Plutarkian ever." Karbunkle pointed a large laser at me and was about to shoot. When four bikes rode through the window.
"Hey Doc eat this!!" Modo yelled as he blasted the laser out of Karbunkle's hands. The doctor ran away screaming like a little girl.
"Can I give you a hand star?" said Throttle as he blasted the chains away.
"Thanks". I got up and sat down on Desert Rider.
"Two days is too long to keep from riding you," I said patting the handlebars. Then I noticed Limburger and Greasepit fly over head and outside on to the street. We also heard police sirens coming towards us.
"I think we'll let the boys in blue handle the rest" Throttle smiled. We all rode off back to the scoreboard

***


Minutes later back at the scoreboard
"We all missed ya kiddo" Modo told me patting my head
"expessually Vinnie" Charley put in. Vinnie tried to keep from blushing but it didn't work.
"I didn't miss her that much," he said crossing his arms
"yeah right Vincent" Throttle rolled his eyes "his too headstrong to admit it" he whispered in my ear.
"I missed all of you guy's too" I smiled.
"And guess what?" Modo asked
"what?"
"we know how to keep you here"
"really how?"
"we all became your guardians".
"Wow cool thanks you guy's. Well does this mean I have to call you uncle Modo, Vinnie and Throttle? And Aunt Charley?"
"Nah just our normal name's" Throttle smiled.
"Hey star!!"
"What Vinnie?"
"Wanna play Street Fighter?"
"Hell yeah!!" The two of us ran to the game and started playing.
"Well I think everything is going to get back to normal" Charley smiled.
Throttle and Modo nodded.

The End



Magic Star: "So what do you think?"
Ace: "it's ok, but I would have put more action into it"
Shadow: "Well I think is was good the way it is"
Magic Star: "Thanks bro" * smile *
Shadow: "What happened to the girls in the foster home?"
Magic Star: "They got a home weeks later
Ace, Shadow: "Cool"