Disclaimer: I don't own the Biker Mice From Mars, nor do I own the song "A Groovy Kind Of Love". BM belongs to who ever created it and the song belongs to Phil Collins.
Thank you Morning for beta reading the story. I don't think it would be here if it weren't for your encouragement.

Just to be with you

By Gemini

June 13th, 2001
Copyright 2001, Gemini, all rights reserved

Harley was back. She sat on the living room sofa, safely in Vinnie's arms. They sat there, holding each other, neither one not daring to say anything. Vinnie was trembling and his grip tightened around her.
"Don't worry, love," her soft voice said to him comfortingly. "I won't go anywhere."
Vinnie looked at her. She was so perfect. He touched her cheek gently, trusting her words.
Soft music filled the room, the words going to their hearts.

When I'm feeling blue,
All I have to do, is take a look at you,
Then I'm not so blue,
When you're close to me,
I can feel your heart beat,
I can hear you breathing in my ear,
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me,
Got a groovy kind of love,

Harley pressed against Vinnie. She wished from the bottom of her heart that they could always be like this.

Anytime you want to,
You can tell me,
I'll do anything you want to,
Anytime at all,
When I kiss your lips,
Ooh, I start to shiver
Can't control the quivering inside,
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me,
Got a groovy kind of love, oh,

He kissed her forehead softly and wiped a tear from her eye. He swore he would never let her go again.

When I'm feeling blue,
All I have to do, is take a look at you,
Then I'm not so blue,
When I'm in your arms,
Nothing seems to matter,
My whole world could shatter, I don't care,
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me,
Got a groovy kind of love,
We got a groovy kind of love,
We got a groovy kind of love,
Ooh, we got a groovy kind of love

He bent down, looking in her eyes and gently brushing her hair with his fingers.
"I never stopped loving you." she whispered and kissed him like she had dreamed of kissing him.

Vinnie opened his eyes. Harley was gone. He lay alone in his bed, a single tear rolling down his mask.
"Harley" he whispered.

A different time, a different place. Harley looked out the window, wondering where her love was.
"I never stopped loving you." she whispered, somehow knowing that he heard her.